Looking at the months as they roll by, some do so in a light, feathery way, while others appear in a more crashing and thunderous manner. But whatever we are moving through in our personal lives, we can always dive within and look how we can be a bit better at not only managing what is thrown our way, but how to move through with more grace and grow amongst the beauty as well as the struggle.
I have noticed this month that in focusing on strengthening my physical body, I strengthen my emotional muscles as well. In taking time for mediation, visualization, and intentional focus, I create the lens through which I view my life. And in hearing and being open to what others have to say (be it via family, friends, videos, or podcasts) I can choose to take in what vibes with how I want to live my life. The following are tools that have made an impact on me this month. My wish is that these tools help and inspire you to take steps to heal in any area of your life. We all have those places that need some extra care, and they are worth some investment, intention, and love.
- Move That Bod. If you crave structure and motivation to move and strengthen your body (but don't really dig the gym), Lori Harder's Body + Soul membership is truly incredible and much more than simply exercise. With online workouts, a monthly meditation audio, facebook community, a monthly coaching call, and more, I have loved the way Lori combines caring for your body, mind, and spirit. I also really dug this past month's workout intention: "Your body is your soul's home." Loving the healthy mindset around movement and exercise.
- Add Turmeric. This healing spice is anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, helps alleviate pain + depression, and supports kidney function. A great way to get a generous dose is with our new turmeric milk mix which can be added to smoothies, sauces, or warmed up in any milk of choice.
- How to Stop Caring About Things That Don't Really Matter. Marie Forleo chats with Mark Manson, the author of New York Times bestseller, ‘The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck’, on a recent episode of Marie TV. If you struggle with guilt, people pleasing, and feel the need to tune into your intuition and power more, give this episode a go.
- Visualize + Dream Vividly. Take some time each morning or evening to visualize how you wish your life to look. Are you walking on the river banks in Paris somewhere laughing and enjoying the scenery or are you still ruminating and replaying how you unfairly had a promotion wiped out from under you? Your thoughts and visions have power, so make sure to focus intentionally and carefully.
- On Kinship + Compassion. I had the pleasure of seeing Father Greg Boyle speak at an event this past month, and his words of compassion and drive really made a big impact on me. He is the founder of Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles, the largest gang intervention, rehabilitation and re-entry program in the world and shares with others how to live with grace, acceptance, and hope in our lives. His TedTalk is not to be missed.
- Go be with your friends. Just a simple reminder. Surround yourself with people who you love and help you fill up your tank. Good friends are healing to the soul.
Up & Coming
- Women's Evening Retreat: Summer Self-Care. Join Nourish 360 on Friday June 23rd at Happy Girl Kitchen in Pacific Grove to welcome and manifest a beautiful summer. We will dine on a light vegetarian meal, connect via a women's circle, have fun creating vision boards, and much more to support you to refresh, reflect, and re-inspire.
Wishing you all momentum and joy as we round out another month in 2017. What are you dedicating yourself to in June in order to help support you to nourish, self-care, and connect?