Self-care can be a challenging feat for a lot of women. We give and give to all the people in our lives, and often we leave little time to care and nurture ourselves.
Self-care is extremely important for our own well-being, not to mention the happiness of everyone around us. I truly believe that when we move towards more of what brings us joy, our life becomes more sacred and magical. It is the best way to tune into our intuition and honor ourselves deeply.
But, I get that it is not as easy as it sounds for many of us. Where do I start? What do I do? Do I even have time? I have compiled a list of some self-care strategies that aren't simply getting a mani pedi. ( Although I do love that as a means of self-care! ) These strategies reach a bit beyond what we normally think about when it comes to nurturing ourselves, and many of them do not require much time at all.
Make your own list of what brings you joy; big and small. Don't be afraid to dream big and imagine yourself incorporating these self-care practices into your own life.
15 Out of the Box Self-Care Strategies
- playing a favorite playlist and dancing while you prepare dinner
- asking someone else to help cook or make a meal
- taking a walk outside // being in nature
- asking a firend for a coffee date
- doing something spontaneous that lights you up (i.e. a day trip to the beach or nearby city)
- lay down for a few minutes mid day and just breathe
- rather than shoving an emotion back within, reach for your boldness and speak what you have to say
- repeat an affirmation; something that you wish to feel (i.e. I am vibrant and alive)
- scratch 2 things off your to do list that can wait and instead do something you actually want to do
- wake up 15 minutes before normal and start a morning ritual you LOVE
- sleep in and snuggle with loved ones
- draw or paint
- be forgiving of yourself and others
- set a boundary with a relationship that drains you and honor yourself by staying true to that boundary
- plan a weekend without screens to reconnect with yourself and people closest to you
You see, self-care can look an infinite amount of ways, and are different depending on the person, day, and mood. Do something for yourself today that will help you feel more supported, loved, and empowered.
What will that look like for you?