Happy Valentine's Day people! I hope you are having a nice day.
This day has mixed emotions for many. Some people love it and enjoy the opportunity to pause and celebrate the people in their lives they love the most. Some celebrate Galentines and celebrate friendships and ladies who fill their lives with more love and purpose. Some people feel uncomfortable, not having a significant other. Others say its a silly and unnecessary Hallmark holiday.
Whatever your stance may be on today's holiday, how about adopting the idea of loving yourself a bit more fully?
Maybe we can all elevate the love for our person just a smidge. Because I truly believe that all love for others starts within. We can't and don't love others to the level we could, if we first don't love ourselves.
Here are some self-care and self-love strategies and ideas you can incorporate today. (every day or any day for that matter ) And I am here to say they make a flipping difference.
So Happy Valentine's Day to you dear friend.
11 Strategies For Elevating Self-Love
- Repeat an affirmation. 'I am bold + successful' 'I exemplify love + patience'
- Do something spontaneous; so you feel a little more alive.
- Tell yourself how much you appreciate __________ about you.
- Carve out 15 or 30 minutes to do something you truly enjoy. Read a book, take yourself out to coffee, grab a glass of wine with a friend. Not only do you deserve it, it is important.
- Take yourself out to lunch or coffee with a book or magazine.
- Give yourself an at home facial or schedule a dedicated spa night.
- Write yourself a Valentine's note and stow it away for next year, in a spot you will remember.
- Write down the long list of everything you value and are grateful for today.
- Have a solo dance party.
- Say no to something that is weighing you down.
- Say yes to something that will hep you feel more joy.
When and what are you doing today to elevate your self-love game?