October for me has been a month of relishing the simple. I am so overjoyed when I can see beauty in small details and appreciate things I normally take for granted : warm light, steam from a hot morning beverage, the perfect song at the perfect time. Something I rarely find when I am rushing to and fro. Fall and winter are the months that I also find myself naturally slowing down; the months to sit with family, allow more space to rest, and create in the kitchen.
It feels so routine for me (and I know many others) to rush through each day. But doing less and investing more time in small joys is a game changer. Letting go of multi-tasking and seeing the beauty in a walk with my husband. Creating boundaries around screens and noticing the afternoon shadows. Delighting in that moment you pull on your first warm socks of the season.
This month's wellness roundup is dedicated to slowing down with care. I hope you find beauty and fulfillment in so much of what is surrounding you lately. It can indeed be everywhere you look.
- Healing Mushrooms. With all the life stress and busyness we experience, our systems are often highly taxed and over worked. I have been loving Four Sigmatic mushrooms mixes that you can easily add to any warm beverage this winter and fall. The founder was on one of my favorite podcasts a few weeks ago and really inspired me to incorporate more healing mushrooms into my colder month routine. Listen here.
- Get outside. The fall season is so, so beautiful. Put down your screen and take a walk, spent time outdoor with family, and reconnect + recharge with nature. We went camping last weekend with family and it was the perfect way to get away and reset. Give back to yourself by connecting with nature in a way you truly love.
- On More. One of my favorite things I have ever written... I was even so honored to have it published in Bella Grace magazine! And this time of year it resonates and calls me to read it again and again as a gentle reminder to slow down and crave less.
- My sister showed me this poem and it spoke to me on such a deep level, I wanted to share with you, one human to another.
- Healthier Holiday Baking. I so hope you will join me at Happy Girl Kitchen on Tuesday, November 14 for a workshop on creating healthier seasonal baked goods. We will be making a raw chocolate + pecan fudge, apple cobbler, chocolate hazelnut tart, pumpkin spice bliss balls, and having a fun + informal tea party to welcome the holiday season. Bring a friend or family member and make it a cozy evening creating, enjoying, and connecting.
What has been inspiring you this month to slow down, enjoy more, and feel good?